And…here we go!
1. The first rule of working in an office and getting along is establish dominance by drinking the last dribble of coffee, eating the food brought in by co-workers and leaving fresh-from-the-litter-pan-presents in the bosses dark-colored chair every morning. Then whenever anyone expresses their displeasure, relay the passage you read in your copy of The Anarchist Cookbook last night while cleaning one of your many assault rifles and planning the next meeting with your lawyer to finalize the settlement with your last employer.
2. I once gave my kids “sea mushrooms” for supper, but really they were canned clams. (It was a punishment, btw, for ditching the school bus and trying to skip school. It worked so well, they’ve never tried to skip since.)
3. When I think of carnivals I think of cotton candy, popcorn, candy apples and crazy-looking, inbred and toothless pedophiles running the controls on the Himalaya and taking tickets at the Fun House.
4. Lilacs are my favorite spring flower.
5. Things on my desk include an open box of Whoppers, a 2 liter of Diet Coke, a new box of Stridex, Maggie’s homework that she’s standing here waiting for help on, Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank (I just finished writing the review for it), a half-empty bag of Cheesy Poofs, and the little fliers about our town that I picked up from the city building (I put them in the books I send out from BookMooch).
6. The gas company and the gov’tal bureaucracy makes me wanna go postal then go survivalist… better yet, let’s go “Fight Club” on them!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to taking the kids to the new skating rink that’s suppose to be Chuck E. Cheese meets SkateWorld and is probably priced like Disney World, tomorrow my plans include taking Maggie the old skating rink for her friend’s b-day party and trying to get as much of Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet read as possible and Sunday, I want to enjoy a nice Sunday Service and grab the Kleenex while Mags and Gwen get baptized at our new church!
Filed under: Friday Fill-Ins | Tagged: baptism, birthday party, bookmooch, bureaucracy, candy apples, carnies, carnival, Celia Rivenbark, Cheesy Poofs, Chuck E. Cheese, church, clams, cotton candy, Diet Coke, Disney World, Fight Club, Friday Fill-Ins, fun house, gas company, go postal, government, himalaya, hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet, Lilacs, meme, pedophile, sea mushrooms, SkateWorld, Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank, Stridex, The Anarchist Cookbook, Whoppers, workplace relations | 10 Comments »