1. The lesson I learned yesterday was reading a book with your ten-year-old while the new(ish) kitten is diving under the covers and attacking your feet is NOT easy, and very hard to talk over the giggling.
2. Weddings and funerals are where friends and family meet.
3. All these years I’ve looked forward to the kids growing up, and now that they’ve become interested in boys, I’m wishing they could be little again.
4. Like I told the cops, those bodies were like that when I arrived.
5. The truth is I was enjoying the Kyo the kittens play-time as much as Maggie was.
6. The feeling I could’ve died had it not been for the zip line is what I remember most from that day. (I went repelling, and I let go of the hand-loops, but luckily I was also hooked up via a clip, as well)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to finishing up Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Maggie and Kyo, tomorrow my plans include our trip to the library and lunch, and watching The Seeker with Mags and maybe starting James and the Giant Peach with her and Sunday, I want to have finished Islands Apart, which I’ve been really enjoying, and watching a few episodes of Stargate!
BTW, I’m a little frightened of the fact that when I went and added “dead bodies” to the tags, I had already used that before
Filed under: Friday Fill-Ins | Tagged: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, cops, dead bodies, FFI, Friday Fill-Ins, funeral, Islands Apart, James and the Giant Peach, kitten, Kyo, Maggie, meme, reading, reading with cats, reading with kids, repelling, Seeker, Stargate, wedding | 9 Comments »