So, I’ve spent about the last 5 hours going through my widgets and sidebar contents and arrangements, as well as Tweet about #Bloggiesta and do a few other improvements. Here’s what I got done:
- I took all the 2009 and older blogging awards I’d received and made a page for them here: Past Awards That way, I didn’t just abandoned them, and now the blog downloads faster.
- I tried to organize the sidebars so that like information is together. My contact info, blog button and twitter thing together in the upper corner; blog posts, comments, pages, etc is together.
- I’ve also updated the “Currently reading” widget to reflect what I’m reading and for which challenges, which will hopefully help keep me on track.
- And, of course, the biggest part of my task was going through my blogroll, making sure the links work and they lead to blogs that are currently active. If it was still a good link, but the blogger hadn’t posted in over a month, I made sure they were in my reader, but removed them from the roll. If they become active again, I can add them back
- Also, with the help of @TequilaReader, @neshelf, @jennsbookshelf, and @tanabata2000 on Twitter, I’ve finally got the Mt. TBR set up to tweet updates through Twitterfeed. I have the RSS feedburner, too, but I’m not up on how to use it. I think I added that during the last Bloggiesta, and there it’s sat since.
After getting all that done, I ran it through the Website Grader and had improved to 95.2% now. I’ve got some broken links to address, but it continues to balk over all the images that are on my blog, over 60, with 23 not having ALT text? whatever that is. IDK, I like images, so that may just be a part that we’ll agree to disagree on. It’s also squealing about the Metatags as stuff, and I have NO CLUE how to fix them.
I need to go through now and update my Challenges page, as well as Mt. TBR’s inventory page, which I’m thinking about just putting a link to my LT library, as that’s my most accurate list. I don’t want to delete the page, as people have left comments on it, so taking all those book links out may improve the site, as well.
I also want to visit the mini-challenges when I get everything caught up.
Filed under: Bloggiesta | Tagged: awards, blog awards, Bloggiesta, blogging, Blogroll, book reading, Book Reviews, feedburner, housekeeping, LibraryThing, Meta description, Metatags, pages, RSS, twitter, Website Grader | 3 Comments »