Hello and happy Sunday everyone 🙂 Thank you for your get-wells last week when I had the stomach flu. I finally got all better from that, only to come down with a bad sinus and chest cold. Lol… I’ll take that over the stomach flu any day, though.
Thank you Wrighty Reads for the cool Zombie Chicken Award, it’s quite a funny pic and description. I passed it along to Bermudaonion, Blodeuedd, Literary Feline, Steph Su, and Chartroose. So then Blodeuedd returned the complement by giving me:
This award is for bloggers who distinguish themselves for showing cultural values, ethics, great and fun writing skills, as well individual values, through their creative writing.
The rules are:
1. To accept and show the distinct image
2. Show the link to the blog from which you were given the award
3. Choose 15 blogs to give the Dardos Award (Premio Dardos)
Okay, so I’m going to slack on #3, because 15 awards? I might as well just point to the blogroll. I would like to pick a few who haven’t received the award and that I do really like. So, here are my nominees:
1. Devourer of Books~ One of my first bloggie friends, also on LibraryThing 🙂
2. Fashionista Piranha ~ She has a cool layout, interesting giveaways and her reviews offer a slightly different view on things than my own. It’s always good to receive from those whose thoughts don’t mirror your own, it makes your world a richer place 🙂
3. Fyrefly’s Book Blog~ Another of my first bloggie friends and fellow LTer, Fyrefly’s blog is bright and pretty, and we often match up on how we felt about a book.
4. Presenting Lenore~ Whenever I think of Lenore’s blog, the first thing that comes to mind is her interview with P. J. Bracegirdle (don’t know why it sticks in my mind), and the second thing is the lovely box of chocolates and candies she sent me 😀
5. S. Krishna’s Books ~ I do NOT know where she finds the time to read as much as she does, maybe a clone? I suppose I shouldn’t tell her that I mooched a copy of Haunting Bombay last night…. 😀
6. Book Sandwich~ Mrs. Hall is very busy with life, and has moved a couple times… AND I believe she was one of my very first mooches on BookMooch 🙂
7. Just A (Reading) Fool~ unfinishedperson writes smart post with a dry wit. Another one of my long-time favorite blogs and fellow LTer 🙂
8. The Book Lady’s Blog~ I just love her blog 🙂
I’m going to reserve the remaining 7 until next week 🙂 That way I can explore some new blogs to visit 😉
As to my reading this week…..
I spent a week or more on Brisingr, and I’m glad I’m done with that book, it felt like I was reading it forever. I did manage a few smaller books in, as well.
Right now I’m about 100 or so pages from the end of The Lace Reader. I will be glad to be done with it, because it’s been giving me bad dreams. I don’t know if it’s because of my cold or the book, or a combination of the two, but I’ve been having nightmares since starting it. AND I never have nightmares, I’m a lucid dreamer and if I’m dreaming something I don’t like, I just change it. Like most of the nightmares I’ve had for the past4 or 5 years, it always stars my deceased father returning to life. Ugh. Not like a zombie or anything, just like he never died. I’m sure it’s not Ms. Barry’s fault I’m having bad dreams, but still…..
Filed under: Sunday Salon | Tagged: blog, blog award, blogging, bookmooch, Brisingr, Brunonia Barry, chest cold, cold, flu, LibraryThing, lucid dreamer, nightmare, paperbackswap, Premio Dardos Award, reading, sinus infection, stomach flu, Sunday, The Lace Reader, The Sunday Salon, Zombie, Zombie Chicken Award, zombies | 9 Comments »